Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Ciao" Stamped Card #1





This card was really fun.  My sister sent me a new stamp set this week called "Ciao" from Close To My Heart, and I could NOT wait to use it.  I wanted a really over the top card and this is it.  First off, the card is 5 1/4 by 8".  I wanted a big card because the stamp is large. The card base is a textured buttercream yellow shade from the pastels stack by DCWV.  The scalloped background paper is by Colorbok and it is called Flea Market.  The image was stamped in pink with chalk ink then embossed  in clear to make it shine.  The sentiment was done the same way, and is also from the same Ciao stamp set.  This would make a great graduation card, but there are many occasions where this card would be appropriate.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're killing me here! I haven't had a single chance to craft (except for a birthday clipboard for Mr. Jones!)because of band and state testing! I am definitely getting in my craft studio this weekend (after another band trip) and making some dang cards! I love your blog, because, as you know, I'm only creative when I'm in the same room as you. Since you live in AK and I'm in CA, this is the next best thing! I've been dry on Midsomer Murders also, so I ordered a couple to watch while crafting! Love ya and keep the ideas coming!! Make me something for my students to do on Friday for Mother's Day that involves their photo and the George & Basic Shapes cartridge (since the only other one I have is Christmassy). I will check back later today and you better have something, miracle worker! LOL!